Islam was cultural. Now it's doctrinal, Insha'allah.
I was your typical depressed and suicidal ex-moose who blamed everything on Islam and ranted on r/exmuslim. Let me make a confession: I knew I was wrong and many factors were to blame. But I was bound by blind desire.
Funny thing about blind desire: it is so very common, so rooted in human nature. Maybe if I were born 50 years ago I would have "converted" to Christianity because of this blind desire. Blind desire leads you to the direction where you think the easy life exists. When I was 16 my blind desire has its direction headed to atheism. I just wanted to blend in. I was lonely my whole life.
Obviously, I was a Jahil. Atheism isn't just the denouncing of God, and certainly not the way to the easy life. There are many types of atheism and each has its own set of doctrines. What I wanted was to follow my God, my blind, blind desire = Shaitan.
Islam is the exact opposite of that. Islam has a clear yet open path for a happy life here and after. It satisfies the very human desires but doesn't let you transgress. It creates trust, hope, and strength if only one sees through ones blind desire. The soul and the body are totally in sync.
I had the Divine opportunity to see through it because of a dear family member. I almost didn't, though. It still haunts me to this day what would have happened if Allah hadn't helped me. Alhamdullilah... :')
I am 21 now and have "returned" 1.5 years ago. Thank you for reading this. May we see many come to Islam whole-heartedly, especially at this dangerous time where Imperialism has spread massively. Islam without Freedom never works. Salam to you all.
[link] [comments]
from Islam http://ift.tt/2FXFt9Q
No comments:
Post a Comment