Pages

Friday, 16 March 2018

Speakers corner anyone?

I've just been binging on speakers corner videos, and I come out less intelligent and more confused lmao. The speakers do look like they've grown up ALOT. I do find it as a form of entertainment more then actual learning. For those who don't know, it's a public congregation of society in the park on sundays all day to debate and discuss ideas, religions, geopolitics, science etc

Most of the muslim speakers there I'm really not a fan of, I personally would ONLY reccomend Ahmed Mohamed (somali brother) and Hamza (bengali brother). both of them have iqlaaq and manners when dealing with the accusations against the prophet and islam. The rest of the muslims speakers, I don't care HOW POPULAR they are, have got sooo much to learn about; islam, academia, world religions. Some of them, popular ones throw around terms like "enemy of islam" etc???? I hope inshallah good can come of this so they can reflect on their actions as it's all recorded for public scrutiny.

There are a few characters their that are just walking memes, they are hilarious comedians without even knowing it e.g Uncle Jamaal, Morad, Ipad Gary, Google Raj... hilarious honestly. I reccomend those muslims who don't have tough skin not watch though.

This leads me on to a more important debtate, which is; podcasts, reddit and speakers corner. These three seem like the few public platforms that I enjoy and have free speech, where thing dont get edited or doctored so much to make it mostly a honest dialogue.

submitted by /u/Syyrus
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://ift.tt/2tSqSKp

No comments:

Post a Comment